After coaching AAU for a couple of years, I began writing a scouting and rankings blog in the spring of 2008. I'm now making Indiana Basketball Source a subscription-based scouting service.
Here are some reasons to subscribe to Indiana Basketball Source...
- Low Price/High Quality-We are the most economically sound scouting service in Indiana. Our great rates ($175 annual fee which is the same for all colleges) and impeccable coverage make us the best scouting service in the state. To meet NCAA rules, each school may only purchase one subscription a year.
- Constantly Updated Rankings- IBS updates rankings consistently. Rankings will be updated every 60 days. Adding recently seen players and adjusting ranking of players that have improved or dropped off. Game reports and player evaluations are updated weekly during the high school and AAU season. During the high school season, we average 4 game reports per week which are posted on the website.
- Detailed Evaluations on All College Prospects in Indiana- We evaluate prospects for High Majors to Division III in the state of Indiana. IBS is starting to cover Iliinois, Michigan and Ohio but Indiana is our main focus. We break down every aspect of the prospect from athleticism to skill level and everything in between.
- Unbiased Opinions on Players (Not an AAU coach)-Opinions and evaluations are easy to be swayed when the evaluator coaches a player. Our evaluations are unbiased since we do not coach at any level. We are looking out for the college when we make recommendations; not the player.
- Dedicated to Attending as Many Games and Events as Possible-We attend high school games, AAU events, high school team camps, the IBCA Top 100 workout and fall leagues.
- Personalized Recruiting Assistance-IBS wants every program to get the best players and best “fit” for their program. We will give you recommendations regarding positional needs or overall class needs upon request.
- Focused on Finding Young Talent and Sleepers-IBS takes pride in finding prospects as early as possible. We, also, are always trying to find players that have slipped through the cracks or have improved greatly late in through high school years.
NCAA Bylaw 13.14.3
13.14.3 recruiting or scouting services. An institution may subscribe to a recruiting or scouting service involving prospective student-athletes, provided the institution does not purchase more than one annual
subscription to a particular service and the service: (Adopted: 1/1/02, Revised: 1/16/10)
(a) Is made available to all institutions desiring to subscribe and at the same fee rate for all subscribers;
IBS: $175 per year subscription for all levels
(b) Publicly identifies all applicable rates;
IBS: The rate is posted when you click to register for the service on the main page.
(c) Disseminates information (e.g., reports, profiles) about prospective student-athletes at least four times per
IBS: Game reports are posted on average 4 times a week during the high school season and once a week during AAU season. Rankings and player profiles are updated frequently. Rankings are updated every 45-60 days.
(d) Publicly identifies the geographical scope of the service (e.g., local, regional, national) and reflects broad-based
coverage of the geographical area in the information it disseminates;
IBS: As our name implies, we cover the state of Indiana.
(e) Provides individual analysis beyond demographic information or rankings for each prospective student-athlete in the information it disseminates; (Revised: 4/13/10)
IBS: Rankings are just a very small portion of the site. We offer game reports on high games/events plus AAU tournament reports which includes player evaluations on all noteworthy players.
(f) Provides access to samples or previews of the information it disseminates before purchase of a subscription;
IBS: Samples and previews are always available to inquiring programs.
(g) Provides video that is restricted to regularly scheduled (regular-season) high school, preparatory school or
two-year college contests and for which the institution made no prior arrangements for recording. (Note: This
provision is applicable only if the subscription includes video services.)
IBS: We have suspended our video on the site due to recent developments. Video is no longer available with the subscription.